Jane from the immensely popular blog, seaofshoes.com, graciously agreed to an interview with us recently and this is a glimpse of her take on her inspiration, life, and her blog...
1.What inspired you to start the blog, Sea of Shoes? Why the emphasis on shoes?
Sea of Shoes started as a weekend project. I was inspired by my favorite  blogs, Kingdom of Style and
Style Bubble. I chose shoes as the emphasis because I collect them.
2. What are your influences (fashion, life in general)?
My influences for fashion are the 70's and 80, style icons, Tina Chow and Bianca Jagger, and fashion photographer Helmut Newton. My influence for life in general is, Yves St. Laurent. His beliefs about aesthetics translated to every aspect of his life.
3. What are your career aspirations? Journalism, design, etc.?
I would love to design shoes someday, but I am also considering working as a buyer or brand consultant.
4. What are your favorite blogs, websites, magazines?
Luxirare.com, Garancedore.com, Purplediary.com. My favorite magazine is; Paradis
5. What has been your biggest challenge with your blog and what have you learned since its inception about blogging, journalism?
My biggest challenge with my blog has been managing my correspondence, finding time to create quality content for my blog and coping with my fear of flying for all the traveling I have to do. Thanks to my blog I have learned that journalism is not for me.
6. What advice would you give an aspiring blogger?
I would tell them to take a point of view that sets them apart from other fashion bloggers. With so many fashion blogs around these days, it is hard to stand out. If you want to blog about travel, food, personal style, etc. I would suggest investing in a good camera. It is a fun hobby to pick up and the results are very gratifying.
7. What school do you attend?
I am enrolled in Westlake Academy
*Jane's blog was recently cited in the November issue of, Instyle Magazine, as one of the most respected fashion blogs* Visit: seaofshoes.com




Thanks Jane!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

top