BUY DEFINITION BOUTIQUE INTERVIEW WITH OWNER, ESTI CHOI
 
1. How long have you been running your store/selling your clothing online?
Our web shop has been operating for about two years now and we just opened
up a brick and mortar store off of South Congress about six months ago to
create a tangible space for our Austin customers.

2. Have you always been interested in fashion?
All things creative have always inspired and intrigued me, fashion being one
of them. I haven't always thought to be a store owner and surely, that's not
the boundaries of limitations I put on myself but yes, fashion has been a
strong interest of mine throughout my life.

3. Do you plan to expand Buy Definition or keep it more local to the 
Austin area?
Our web shop reaches everyone around the world, especially with our flat
rate shipping making it that much more reasonable. Austin is a very special
town to me and currently I would like to focus my energy here and our
e-commerce site.

4. How did you get involved in fashion?
It's all about chasing your dream. After graduating from college I moved to
New York City for about 10 months to intern at a Fashion PR company. I
learned a lot about the industry and about myself and it gave me a more
distinct idea of what and who I wanted to be in the industry.

5. What would you say to a young student who aspires to do what you're 
doing today?
Don't lose that creative energy and keep inventing and re-inventing
yourself. Remember that there are no limitations and as cheesy as it sounds,
I believe no things to be impossible so dream on! 
LOCATED AT:
3100 SOUTH CONGRESS AVE., SUITE 3B
AUSTIN, TEXAS 78704
This story was written by our FBYA Journalist Intern, Brittany Robinson. She attends UT Austin and is a DISD, Lincoln High School graduate.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top